Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekly Weigh-In: Birthday Edition

So today is my birthday, and I gave myself a pretty awesome birthday gift: I lost another 3 lbs and ANOTHER INCH. Yes. My waist is 52". I absolutely can not believe it, especially because I slacked off HARD last week. I ended up taking another day off yesterday when I went out to eat with some family (including my cousin Paul who has the same birthday as me). Even though I cheated, I was surprised at how quickly I got full. I got chicken tenders, fries and a salad. I ate two rolls, all of the chicken, half of the fries and half of the salad and I was completely stuffed. In the past, it would have taken me eating the entire meal, plus several rolls and maybe a dessert to achieve a lasting fullness. I was full until I came home from work last night. It was such an unusual, yet welcome feeling.

I was worried that the scale wasn't working properly or I wasn't measuring correctly until I tried on a shirt that has never fit me well. Thomas bought me this awesome t-shirt (uhm, yeah, my husband is the best) for Valentine's Day and I could just barely wear it but after the first time I washed it it was way too small. Now, it fits me perfectly and I just can't freakin' believe it.

I just hope all of the yumminess I partake in over the next two days doesn't cause any major setbacks. My goal for next week will be to not take any days off to make up for the past two weeks.

Also, my good friend Meredith has created a weight loss blog, and you should check it out because she is awesome and has been one of my best supporters since I started this whole thing (and she is really funny, though maybe sometimes unintentionally?).

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome, woman! I hope you're proud of yourself, because you should be!

    And I know I already wished you a happy birthday on Facebook, but there's no hurt in saying it again. So, happy birthday--again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! So great. I want to start a weight loss blog too! I noticed your friend started a weight loss one as well...maybe we could all support each other on here. I am currently blogging at www.survivingher20s.blogspot.com but thats more about photography, school, family, etc. How do you think I should go about starting a blog dedicated to gettin' in shape?

    Thanks!!

    Joanna Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there is a Women's Studies Masters program at Portland State. I have heard it's a pretty good one too. Just thought you would want to know. I think you can get a doctorate in Woman's Studies also.

    :)

    ReplyDelete