Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daily Numbers

- 1,378 calories
- 39.8g/fat
- 191 g/carbs
- 13,098 steps

So, I went over on carbs by about 11 grams but who cares? I broke the 13,000th step mark today! And without even really trying. So, go me!

I enjoy walking a lot and when I don't make it to my goal every day I kinda feel like crap. Over the past three weeks, I have not regretted one walk. I have to keep reminding myself that every time I feel lazy.

The only bad thing about walking is that it makes me miss my dog, General Tso. He died a few months ago, and I have had this hollow place in my heart since then. I know it sounds stupid, and a lot of people don't understand because its "just a dog" to them, but it has been really hard for me. It doesn't help that so many people in my neighborhood have dogs, and I see them out walking and it just reminds me of him. I just think about how much he would love walking with me now, and how I wish I had been doing this when he was still around.

Seeing so many people with dogs definitely makes me want one, but at this point I don't think I want any dog - I just want him back. He was so sweet and so special.

1 comment:

  1. Lacy, I totally understand about your pup--I would be devastated if anything happened to Tessa...once they are in your lives they are never "just a dog" again; Gus and I are definitely learning that in a big way! You are my hero for giving him the best life while he was here on earth and showing him all the love that he could need. I bet he's reincarnated as something really cool:-)
    Also, kudos to you on your blog--what a treat to read your thoughts, challenges, successes...

    ReplyDelete