Wednesday, October 6, 2010

That's what I'm talking about.

Today starts fall break!  We don't get the full week off for some asinine reason, but I am glad for it, anyway.  I was already thrilled that I got to sleep in this morning, but I was even more thrilled when I got on the scale and I saw... 256 lbs.!  I lost three lbs. this week!  Yeaaaaah!

I ate more things that I wanted to eat this week, but I tried to do it in moderation and in a healthier way than I normally would.  I even got to eat pizza! 

Thomas had this great idea to make pizza out of these:

The picture is kind of small, but it's Thomas brand (how appropriate!) Everything Flavor Bagel Thins.  He sauteed some green peppers, red onions, and portobello mushrooms, then toasted the bagels in the toaster.  He seperated the bagels then painted the insides with some tomato sauce, then put on the sauteed veggies, some turkey pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and broiled them in the oven for a few minutes.  They were DELICIOUS!

If you were to use a full serving of tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni and cheese then it's 330 calories, 11.5 grams of fat and 38 grams of carbs.  And that's for two little pizzas.  It was surprisingly filling, but when I have them again I'll probably have salad, as well.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! I think I may have to make these for dinner soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I love making mini-pizzas on the Arnold's Sandwich Thins, too. They're also 100 calories and packed with fiber, and they don't have the little hole in the middle! :) Man, thanks for reminding me about this delish idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... I'll have to try the Arnold's Sandwich Thins. We just happened to have the bagels lying around the house, though the hole didn't cause much of a problem.

    ReplyDelete